Monday, October 10, 2005

Past to Present

So that's some past birthday events. What a difference a year makes. I don't even want to remember my 37th birthday. Maybe that's why I stretched the celebration for four days this year.

Today, my co-workers on the litigation project sang me happy birthday and surprised me with a cake at work from Cafe Zaiya (West 41st Street). How sweet, memorable, and pleasing. Thanks to everyone, especially Johara, Saira, and Anne for cutting and serving the cake. You guys are too much and I really appreciate the good wishes. Nothing like a cake and a card to commemorate the birthday.

The weather has gotten chilly in NYC and I needed to purchase a fashionable jacket that was not a windbreaker. Fortunately, the black leather jackets on sale at Daffy's were calling out to me and with the help of Gigi, kind Midwestern tourist from Springfield, Ohio, I modeled four jackets before finding the best fit and style for my needs. The price was right and the purchase was made and I was in to work.

Not into work, but in to work. There is a difference, as I am sure you are aware.

Well, my birthday is almost over.

A TALE OF TUNA TATAKIs
I ordered dinner tonight from Wild Ginger via SeamlessWeb.

Good Tom Yam soup, above average Tuna Tataki (prepared with White Tuna at my request), and Chicken Chow Fun. Food delivered in about 25 minutes during the 7 pm hour. No complaints. The Tuna Tataki from Wild Ginger was better than the same dish from Haru, but Chikurin in Queens was the best I had all weekend.

Drinking Ginger Pineapple Tea from the Republic of Tea and nursing some congestion - either from change of weather or my friend's cold. Time to hit the echinacea again.

Leaving work soon. Here's to a good year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home