Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Fortification for the Day

After two nights of conviviality with Marcy and Bryan while sharing in the Dylan groove and the O's - Yankees series, I squared up my hours only to find that . . . I have lost a full day of work. Okay. Stay calm and just do what you would do when you want to play on the weekends. Pull an all-nighter.

That would work well except I have already exhausted my free time for the week. Well, not exactly, but I think you know what I mean.

What fortifies me during and after an all - nighter?
Well, it won't be a jamba juice - that will just lead me to the inevitable sugar crash at a time when I can ill afford to be down for the count.

Well, it began with some good music.
Government Mule from 2/27/98.

Such powerful music for the wee hours of the morning.

Birth of The Mule : the mule comes amblin' along and then Allen Woody's nasty, heavy bass lines, then the mule comes amblin' along into a nice jazz number.


Towering Fool"
Yeah, somebody somewhere must have hurt you
You must have been really abused
A victim of your raising
Isn't that your excuse
Towering Fool

In a dream I watched you inflict yourself
On everyone within reach
Now frozen in time I see it still
Like a movie
How long has it been since you shook the hand
Of those who fell under your feet
And how long has it been since you washed yours clean
From the blood and the dirt of the street
Did you really think you could just fly away
Fly right out of those blues
Did you towering fool

Don't you know greatness comes to those who can hold it
Did it slip right through your hands
Did it brush your sleeve as it passed you by
Do you compare yourself now to then

All this pent up anger
Don't you feel alone ranger
Don't you towering fool

So you use every ounce of your energy
To keep those around you down
But there is a tear in the eye of the ring master
And a smile on the face of the clown
Yeah, you couldn't see through your own arrogance
To what the whole world already knew
You had to keep pushing it past the point
'Til it all crumbled down on you
Didn't you towering fool

Raven Black Night:
Sleep-awake make up your mind
Help me find a stranger, a stranger with the answer
Who'll enlighten me and just disappear
Into the raven black night

--- and so it goes musically ---

I completed my box - the 3000 sheet extravaganza - freshened up, and went for breakfast. Now breakfast is really key on the morning after an all-nighter. It can make or break your day. First, its all about the protein and a lower glycemic index.
So breakfast for me this morning was the egg/tomato/spinach omlette with cheese and turkey bacon on a panini roll. No potatoes. Courtesy of Doerty Cafe at 37 West 43rd. They have all kinds of breakfast specials. A definite departure from Metro/Bravo/Europa breakfasts which are basically craptastic and overpriced.

Gonna add some Kagome tomato juice to the mix: also low-carb, reduced sodium, and high-potassium.

I am waiting a few more minutes on the coffee and will sweeten it with the natural sweetener, Stevia.

--- and so it goes nutritionally ---

Wow, it's 8 am - time to wind up the post for the day.

Good morning to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home