Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Grateful Ben (G.B.1): Fall Tour 1991

Since I began the blog on September 20, 2005, rather than jump around, I will roll through Grateful Dead and other significant concert experiences as they have occurred in the course of a calendar year. While September may seem kind of heavy on Grateful Dead entries and music in general, this will become a bit more balanced as the tours end. In some ways, the balance of the blog content is a direct reflection of how I spent my time in the past. I always came away from the Grateful Dead concert experience (be it one show or an entire tour) a little bit more driven and determined to succeed. It's a good reminder of where I have come from and where I am going.

14 years ago today, I was travelling from Baltimore to Boston in my 1989 Honda Accord to continue my musical trek.

09-20-91 (Fri) Boston Garden, Boston, MA

1: Touch, Rooster, Jack A Roe, B. T. Wind, Stagger Lee, Masterpiece, Bird Song
2: Help on the Way> Slipknot> Fire on The Mountain, Estimated> Truckin> Drumz> Watchtower> Morning Dew E: Lovelight

Setlist courtesy of Deadbase
http://www.deadbase.com

This show was notable because of the unusual second set opener. Also the start of my Boston Garden Fall Tour run of shows - 6 in total.

For those of you who are oriented to bit torrents:
http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=13617

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachelle Nicolette said...

So great to have a fellow blogger in the house! Although, our present situation makes for bloring blogging. :) Ah, well. Good time, good times.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

thanks Rachelle.
I owe the beginnings of this blog to you. While this job may be boring, there is never a dull moment down in this room.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home