Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I remember the day

. . . when I realized that I had to make a change in my life. At the time, I realized the imbalance between my work life (law school) and personal life which in turn led to the miserable existence that my relationship had become for which I am sorry.

Like Bob Dylan and countless others, I wasn't capable of being wise and in love at the time. The two notions were as mutually exclusive as a fish who needs a bicycle. It didn't help matters that the rigorous first year of law school (2001-2002) was punctuated by 9/11 and that emotions were raw and unsettled.

I found my journal and began writing again. I had not taken that emotional pulse of myself since prior to law school beginning. I don't know how or when I had lost my way. But I got myself back on track.

Warren Haynes, Govt Mule, and special guests on 2/27/98 in Atlanta, Georgia:

They say ev'ry man needs protection,
They say ev'ry man must fall.
Yet I swear I see my reflection
Some place so high above this wall.

I see my light come shining
From the west unto the east.
Any day now, any day now,
I shall be released.

Standing at the crossroads,
wondering where I am going,
I do believe I am sinking down.

Just like my poor mama told me,
Got to get lost before you can be found.

I see my light come shining
From the west unto the east.
Any day now, any day now,
I shall be released.

--- and so it went ---

Today, I continue to work on being present and living in the moment, whilst I remember the experience and lessons of the past. I would like to think and friends will agree that I am more balanced and integrated than I was during law school. Work-life balance has taken a greater priority in my life, where it may not have been in my first year of school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home