Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Govt Mule 9/30/1999

So I was working late at EcoSmart on the 23rd Floor of the Trump Building. My tapedeck was packed and I was winding up the day. Then I looked at the ticket for the Govt Mule concert at the Roseland Ballroom.

Oh shit. It was a 6:30 doors. What time was it? 7:15 pm. Double shit.

I raced out of the office and made my way from Wall Street up to the Roseland.
Upon entering, I raced over to the soundboard area where the taping community had set up. It was late. The band was about to come on. I had no time to spare and got a boost on the mic stand from Lee Schusterman, long-running Dead taper.

It was a helluva great show. Here is the setlist.

Set: Hammer And Nails, Mule > Who Do You Love? > Mule, Lay Your Burden Down > Bad Little Doggie > How Many More Years > Smokestack Lightning, No Need To Suffer > Monkey Hill > She's So Heavy jam > Painted Silver Light, Creep, Low Spark Of High-Heeled Boys *> Soulshine *, Fallen Down *, Sad And Deep As You *
Encore: Life Before Insanity *
Setlist Notes: * Danny Louis on keyboards

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home