Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Work to Live

So where I work is an interesting little space occupying an entire floor of a midtown office building. I am presently performing a manual document review that requires on average a minimum of 12 hours per day for a total of 84 hours per week.

The workday could also be measured in boxes that contain 3,000 sheets of paper for review. These take roughly 1 - 2 days, although some are dense with written material and take a 3rd day. The work is privileged and confidential so that I cannot divulge that which I am reading. It is always important to remember that you are only as good as the last box you completed.

While my paycheck is a tangible reminder that my privileged and confidential workday is measured in hours, the culinary delights of Midtown Manhattan are far more interesting and affordable as a result of the paycheck.

Today's lunch was from Bread and Olive on West 45th. Usually, I have the falafel on their Zatar bread. Their Zatar bread rules (just like in Israel), but today, I had lamb which was equally delicious. A great filling lunch at a bargain price.

Dinner tonight was from Spanky's Bar-B-Q where I had their awesome jerk-flavored wings with pineapple sauce and a smoked brisket sandwich. Their food at Spanky's, located on West 43rd near 6th Avenue near Town Hall and Heartland Brewery, is no joke. They are "bringin' it" with the quality and flavor of their food.

And now I am back to work after the extended dinner break tonight. Probably work late tonight. Back to the paperwork in hopes that I may cobble together some social activity this weekend. Or else do my laundry. Because everyone knows that clean laundry is a virtue. :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachelle Nicolette said...

Thank gawd, Ben. I was looking for some lunch/dinner alternatives! :)

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home