Wednesday, October 19, 2005

GB9: A mostly forgettable show

Well, this one was pretty much a washout. I drove all the way up, saw this, and then drove all the way home. What a schlepp for nothing on a Sunday night. Feh!

10-15-89 Meadowlands Arena, East Rutherford, N.J. (Sun)
1: LTGTR> Iko Iko, Walking Blues, Far From Me, Row Jimmy, Victim> SOTM
2: Samson, Little Light> Crazy Fingers> Estimated> Eyes> Drumz> Stella Blue> Throwing Stones> NFA E: NFA, Box Of Rain

Iko, Box were the highlights. Eyes was probably, the fastest I had heard it performed....like a cocktail lounge version as I recall.

I remember that security at this show was very strict, maybe a little rough and heavy-handed and the scene was really on edge, not quite itself that night. At the time, I did not know that Adam Katz had been murdered the night before. Today, he is remembered in the liner notes from the Nightfall of Diamonds live CD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home