Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Then to Now: Be Here Now

Slacker . . . that's what they call you when in your 20s, you don't reach for the brass ring. Sorry for slacking and taking two days off. I am enjoying my vacation, now in its 3rd day. The most enjoyable experience was the first after I awoke on Sunday. I went for Ice Cream. Yes, the capitals are well deserved from the White Plains location at City Center. What a nice time I had, primarily due to the company, Michelle K., who took time out of her class preparation for the mid-afternoon snack.

Followed closely by Tuesday's rays in Bryant Park while the sun passed overhead. One should never underestimate the value and importance of doing nothing. I followed it across the park until about a quarter past four, give or take a few minutes. Then it was train down to the Seaport. Got off at Lafayette and Houston and ambled down to Fulton. Nice walk at a nice time of day. Towards Front Street, I came across the downtown Heartland Brewery. Had me a Smiling Pumpkin Ale and Buffalo Chicken Spring Roll appetizer. Think I'll try the Bavarian Black Lager which is in season. Sorry, no links to the menu, you'll just have to get in to one of the five locations around Manhattan to see what I'm talking about.

From the Seaport, I made my way back to Midtown where I met B.K. the night before his birthday. Happy Birthday Brian and god speed to you and your family in Florida.

While en route to the Flatiron District, we happened upon a shooting. 4 trucks on 4 corners and a bevy of production assistants were scattered on Park Avenue, as Super Ex was filming some restaurant scenes in Manhattan. Don't know if it qualifies but did you know that there is an incentive to film in NY?

Angelo's and Maxies, 19th and Park, provin' why it's one of New York City's best. Had the privilege of directing John Hart, former Texas Rangers GM , to the Park Avenue Country Club for tonight's game. Congrats to the Houston Astros for making it to the World Series in their 45th year as a franchise. Texas needs something to be happy about. Then on to Les Halles for a nightcap.

Wednesday was filled with errands. Trying a new bulb with my turtles. I had them with a 75 watt incandescent as a temporary replacement for the 20 watt supercoil UV B bulb. Now I have as a trial, a full spectrum daylight heat lamp - its only 25 watts, which might be a bit light on the light, but I will see.

And that's the day that was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home